Representing Tri NZ at an ITU world Championships as an Age Group Athlete is self-funded. Costs are outlined below:
- Team Admin Form & Fee* = $335 + Service Fee
- Uniform** = estimated at $350(GST exclusive).
- Race Entry Fee = $320USD – $800USD (varying depending on location of World Champs & race distance).
- Tri NZ Nominated Insurance through AON***
- Travel and accommodation = varying depending on the event location.
*Team Admin Fee – This admin fee helps maintain the sustainability of the age group program including the services provided by the Community Manager/ Team Manager for World Triathlon Championship Teams. Including, but not limited to. Your Team Admin Fee will also include a team t-shirt being provided to you.
- running a fair selection process to gain selection into a World Championship team
- supporting the appointment of National Championships & Age Group Selection Events
- working with partners and suppliers to ensure Age Group Athletes are receiving quality services and product (Travel, Uniform and Insurance)
- regular communications with athletes in the lead up to a world championships
- supplying athletes and clubs with letters of support for subsidies and/ funding or sponsorship.
- *on ground support at the World Championships
**Uniform – The World Triathlon have strict guidelines for the printing on race suits, Tri NZ uniform guidelines can be found HERE. Please note you are only able to race in racesuits that have been approved by the World Triathlon.
***Insurance – Insurance requirements mean the athlete uptakes the insurance from the day of their departure- until their return.
5 days including bike= $152.50
5 days excluding bike= $117.50
10 day including bike= $305
10 day excluding bike= $235
Tri NZ is required by World Triathlon to ensure that all NZ Age Group Team athletes who take part in an ITU Age Group event are covered by an insurance policy that meets World Triathlon’s minimum requirements. Tri NZ has identified an insurer that is willing to provide a compliant policy and has decided to mandate the use of this policy as a condition to inclusion in the NZ Age Group Team.
To provide informed choice for our NZ Age Group Team athletes, we have negotiated two policy options:
- a policy that meets World Triathlon minimum requirements but which does not cover damage to bikes; and
- a policy which meets World Triathlon minimum requirements and also includes cover for damage to bikes.
It is a condition of inclusion in the NZ Age Group Team (through the Athlete Agreement) that athletes take out one of these two policies. Please note that, for the reasons set out above, these policies must be taken out for the entire period of travel (and not just the competition days, as required by World Triathlon). Tri NZ is unable to consider alternative polices because we do not have the resources or expertise to assess any alternative policy against World Triathlon minimum requirements.
Tri NZ receives commission from Aon in connection with policies taken out by NZ Age Group Team athletes.