Triathlon clubs form a vital part of the sport in New Zealand, providing local support at the community level for all ages and abilities.
All too often people find that entering a triathlon event for the first time, without help, is daunting. Clubs can help break down those barriers in a number of ways. For instance, club races offer a perfect opportunity to compete in your first triathlon as they are fun, friendly, and a good way to meet other triathletes in your area. They are not too serious which makes them a fun, encouraging way to approach the sport.
- Fun and safe learning environment
- Connect with accredited coaches
- Volunteer opportunities
- Develop new or existing friendships
- Exposure to different race disciplines; aquathlon, cross-triathlon etc.
- Family friendly
- Represent NZ at international events