Merryn raced at age group and professional long distance triathlon (half and full Iron distance) over a 15 year span, and remains a competitive age group triathlete and runner. She began working with Peak Endurance Wanaka in 2008 initially as group facilitator, and progressing to coach individual endurance athletes across a variety of disciplines along with run and swim technique coaching. Her passion to coach stems from a long career as a triathlete combined with an enjoyment of mentoring and nurturing. She sees it as a huge privilege to be able to help people achieve their goals and achieves this with empathy: establishing a strong coach–athlete relationship, and helping an athlete achieve a healthy balance between their personal commitments and training.
COACHING QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- TriNZ L1 coach. Grad Dip Teaching (Secondary)
- 10 Years experience as endurance sport group instructor and coach
- Coach to Cross-Tri & Xterra World age group Champions and Podium place-getters as well as successful athlete preparation for all triathlon distances
- Experience coaching Ultra-distance, marathon, half and 10k runners
- 5 years swim coaching experience to adult learners, through to advanced swimmers for pool and open water