I’ve coached thousands of athletes and triathletes since the early 1990s and on a full-time basis since 2004.
My coaching and athletic career began in the Takaka Swim Club as a teenager. Eventually I reached my sporting pinnacle winning the ITU Elite World Long Distance triathlon title and ITU World Triathlon Series.
Experiences, many extremely challenging, allow me the wealth of knowledge, and flexibility of mind, to mentor athletes, at all levels, to achieve their own high-level goals.
My coaching goals include
- Coaching teams of happy, balanced athletes
- Developing quality programmes over rote McTriathlon programmes
- Providing high levels of skill expertise to athletes
- Providing training adventures, not just training sessions – the best stories will come out of our team
- Growing individuals within a fun, challenging team environment
I coach from Wellington and offer:
– Flexible triathlon programmes – all event distances
– Pool swim & run squads
– Sea swim coaching
– Windtrainer sessions
– Wellington endurance-based Sea Swim Events
– Springtime 3-day cycling camp
– Overseas racing and training camps
COACHING QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- World Elite Long Distance & World Series Champion
- Twice Nominated for the Halberg Awards
- Masters in Sports Coaching
- TNZ, High Performance Triathlon Coach