Giannis was born in 1969, in Palaio Faliro- Athens Greece. His mother (Greek Australian born in Adelaide) influenced him to get into various Sports from early childhood.
He competed in his first triathlon when he was 21 and has since been involved as an athlete, coach, sports events organiser and administrator, anti doping control officer and sports journalist.
His academic background is in chemistry, sports management and administration, business management (MBA), communications marketing (MSc), sports management (MSc), sports coaching and sports science (MSc in Maximisation of Sports Performance and PhD in Sports Physiology are both in progress).
For the past 7 years he is a full time coach for endurance sports. He is fully committed to further improve his coaching skills to become a worldwide top and innovative coach in Enduranace Sports in the following 4-6 years.
COACHING QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Triathlon New Zeeland Member & Level 3 Accredited CoachASCTA, Australian Swimming Teachers & Coaches Association :
- Australian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association – Associate plus member & Accredited Swimming Teacher for Adults and Adolescents & Silver License Swimming Coach (Bronze License also completed)
- Australian Sport Academy, Certificate III in Sport Coaching (SIS30713)
- ASCA, American Swimming Coaches Association member & Level 4 Certified Coach (completed succesfully level 1 to level 5 exams)
- Ironman Triathlon Certified Coach & Ironman Coaches Association member